We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised child under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use our services unless your parent/s or guardian has provided us with their consent for your use of our services.
The Personal Data we collect about you
For all users we collect Personal Data when you voluntarily provide such information to our services, including but not limited to, when you register for access to our services, purchase a ticket, contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys or browse or use certain parts of our services. The Personal Data we may collect includes without limitation your name, address, email address and other information that enables users to be personally identified. We also automatically collect certain technical data that is sent to us from the computer, mobile device and/or browser through which you access our services. Such data, includes without limitation, a unique identifier associated with your access device and/or browser (including, for example, your Internet Protocol (IP) address) characteristics about your access device and/or browser, statistics on your activities on the Services, information about how you came to the Services and data collected through Cookies, Pixel Tags, Local Shared Objects, Web Storage and other similar technologies.
Information that you share with us
When you make an account and log in to access and browse our services, we collect the following information from you:
- your name;
- your e-mail address;
- if provided by you, your location;
- if provided by you, your date of birth;
- if provided by you, your gender;
- any e-mail communications, including attachments, which you send to us;
- where you are purchasing tickets, your payment information including billing address; bank account and payment card details and information about the transactions such as the tickets purchased;
- your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences;
- mobile SDKs to passively collect information (collectively, “SDK Information”), which generally helps us deliver personalized notifications. This data may also be used to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers for the purposes of customizing ads or content. Depending on the permissions granted, this information may include Personal Data, including your e-mail address. This information may also include precise location (i.e. GPS-level data) or WiFi information, apps you have installed and enabled, and your mobile identifier (e.g., Android Advertising ID, IMEI).
Information from your online interactions
We collect the following information from your interaction with the Services:
- how you access the services and the devices that you use to access the services. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP address and your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Services;
- information about how you use the Services, including but not limited to your sign-in and sign-out and browsing information;
- any e-mail communications, including attachments, which you send to us.
Third parties or publicly available sources
We may receive Personal Data about you from various third parties as set out below:
Technical data from the following parties:
- analytics providers based inside and outside the EU, such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics;
- advertising networks based inside and outside the EU, such as Facebook Audience Network and FreeWheel; and
- search information providers, based in the EU, such as Adobe Audience Manager.
For further information about how each of these parties collect and process your data, please see the ‘Third-Party advertising companies section below;
- contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services (e.g. your bank, our payment processing partners and credit reporting agencies);
- identity and contact data from data brokers, aggregators and publicly availably sources; and
- third parties that provide certain services to us within the Services, for example, facilitating and administering user feedback forms, newsletter subscriptions and competitions
- How we process your Personal Data
We process your Personal Data for the following reasons:
- it is necessary in order for us to fulfill a contract that we have with you;
- it is required in our legitimate interests;
- it is required in order for us to comply with our legal obligations; or
- it is permitted because you have provided your consent to us.
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (in this case, to provide you with the Services). In this case, we may have to cancel our services but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Necessary for us to fulfill our contract with you
We collect, store and process your Personal Data including your name, e-mail address, payment details, and information about how you use and access the Services because it is necessary in order to provide our Services requested by you pursuant to the contract made between you and us. This includes:
- making our Services available to you;
- providing any Services that you request;
- administering the Services;
- where you are purchasing tickets in the Websites or the Apps, process your payment (including but not limited to using third party service providers to process such payment);
- provide personalised recommendations and content within the Services by collecting data about you in order to build a profile of your preferences based on your activity when you use the Services. The Services cannot be provided to you without this profiling. If you wish to object to this profiling, we will not be able to provide the Services to you and you should not use or access the Services; and
Our legitimate interests
Sometimes, our use of your Personal Data is for purposes which are ancillary to the provision of the Services. In those circumstances, we believe we have a legitimate interest in handling your Personal Data, and believe that the benefits of this storage and use of your Personal Data will outweigh any potential impact on you and not unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms. The relevant circumstances are:
- detecting and preventing fraud;
- keeping our Services and IT systems secure;
- ensuring that our own processes, procedures and systems are as efficient as possible;
- analyzing and enhancing the information that we collect;
- analyzing your use of the Services to improve them, including but not limited to our content, features, scheduling and technology and events;
- determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising;
- to use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users and block any unauthorized users;
- deal with your inquiries and requests (for example if you were to call user assistance phone number to ask for help and assistance then we would need to process your contact details);
- where you have opted out of our marketing or objected to receiving e-mails from us, then we need to keep records of your preferences to ensure that we do not contact you if you have asked us not to.
When you have provided consent to us
Where you have given us your consent for other specific data processing actions, we will use your data for such actions.
If we rely on your consent for us to process your Personal Data in a particular way, but you later change your mind, you may withdraw your consent by contacting our Data Protection Officer at DPO@feverup.com and we will stop doing so.
For legal reasons
We will process your Personal Data in order to comply with our legal obligations. These obligations include:
- us complying with our legal obligations; and
- if we are asked by regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies to share your Personal Data with them.
We collect anonymous details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymous details we collect for these purposes.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased a ticket in our Websites or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out from receiving that marketing.
SEE Global Exhibitions 2 will also send mobile integrated push notifications, in accordance with your marketing preferences, for advertising and marketing the Services, themselves or events on the Services. Such push notifications may also include information on upcoming events that the user may have signed up to, advising of the upcoming start time, venue, or any changes that may concern such event. These notifications can be turned off through the mobile device notification settings or by using the means set out in the section Opting Out.
If you connect your Facebook account or sign up for other social media integrations whose product features include social notifications (i.e., updates on what your friends are doing on the Services), you will receive these social notifications. You can manage these social notifications by toggling your social settings to private or disconnecting such integration.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your Personal Data with any company outside our group of companies for marketing purposes.
In those cases, either we or the sponsor may gather your consent after the Experience for any processing of Personal Data, in addition to the sending of marketing communications by electronic means around its products and/or services.
We want to provide you with choices regarding certain Personal Data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising (including the sending of marketing messages).
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to Personal Data provided to us as a result of the Services. Therefore, you will continue to receive essential messages about the functionality and/or administration of our Services (for example, as mentioned above, where we need to send you a password reminder, to notify you about Services updates or amendments to legal terms).
How we share your Personal Data and who we share it with
We share information under the following circumstances:
- Third-party service providers: When we share information with third-party service companies as data processors to facilitate or to provide certain services on our behalf. This will include:
- IT infrastructure companies that facilitate our provision of the Services to you;
- IT support service providers; and
- other third-party service providers, for the purpose of providing or tracking our users’ use of the Services (including but not limited to payment processors).
These companies are authorized to process your Personal Data only as necessary to provide these Services to us.
- Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified afterwards via e-mail and/or a prominent notice on our Services of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Data
- Cookie and similar technologies
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Services, tracking users’ movements around the Services and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the Personal Data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data using appropriate technical and operational measures such as access controls that restrict and manage the ways in which your Personal Data is stored and handled.
We may delete your Personal Data (including any account that you set up to use on the Services) if you do not use the Services in two years.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Personal data from third data subjects
You have certain rights in relation to your Personal Data. You have the right to request that we:
- provide access to any Personal Data we hold about you;
- update any of your Personal Data which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any Personal Data which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your Personal Data;
- prevent the processing of your Personal Data for direct-marketing purposes;
- provide your Personal Data to a third party provider of services;
- provide you with a copy of any Personal Data which we hold about you; or
- consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your Personal Data.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within any time period required by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain Personal Data may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances.
If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
If we delete any Personal Data which we are holding about you, this deletion may only relate to the Services and not any other service provided by us in other jurisdictions. You should make requests for each account that you may have set up to access the Services or any other service provided by us.
Third party sites
No sale statement
We are not in the business of selling your Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. Therefore, we will not sell your Personal Data to third parties, including third party advertisers. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose, transfer or share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth above.
California Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA)
Your Personal Information
We shall not discriminate against any customer that may choose to exercise their rights in accordance with the CCPA. You may exercise your rights to know, correct, and to delete personal information stored by us.